Saturday, June 20, 2009

For When You Try To Sleep Darling

If you ever feel alone
think of my belly against the small of your back

If you ever feel cold
remember the heat that I give off

If you ever feel afraid
think of the place in my chest where you would rest your head

If you ever feel ugly
remember the way my eyes look at you

If you ever feel sleeplessness
think of how I pet you to sleep

If you ever feel inconsolable
remember how I cried with you

If you ever feel the distance
think of how my love can reach across the oceans

If you ever feel you are unlovable
remember the mountains I have climbed to love you

If you ever feel you have too much to carry
think of how I helped you take the weight

If you ever feel unquenchable
remember how I satiated those thirsts

If you ever feel exhausted
think of how your eyes close easily when we sleep

If you ever feel...
remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment